I'm going to let the pictures tell the story of the party.... it was so awesome and wonderful and we truly have THE BEST friends and family EVER. Ben has SO many people that love him. I mean, seriously. I can't even get that many people to come together for my own bday :) haha. My mom made a really great comment that rang very very true. The first birthday party is really for the parents. Its a party to thank each and every single person who helped get us through the first year and helped keep us sane. From the dinners that were brought to us, to the free babysitting to the many many MANY gifts - we are SO lucky to have the love and support we do!
Here's to year ONE, little man. We love you to pieces and can't wait to watch you grow!! xoxo
These cupcakes were the cutest things ever. I'm so mad that I didn't get a good picture of them out of the plastic container OR a good picture of his cute cake! Maybe someone else did??
Matt and I made Ben a toy box for his birthday! We used chalkboard paint for the top of the box :) So fun!! And so glad I have a handy hubby!
We had a wish basket for everyone to fill out wishes for Ben... it was so neat seeing all of the responses!
Here are some of my favorite responses for each age....
Ben when you turn 5, I hope you........
*are loving kindergarten and are a great big cousin! (Aunt Sandra)
*can ride a bike! (Mom... do 5 yr olds ride bikes? I have so much to learn!)
*can dunk! (Grandpa Byron)
*still enjoy wine nights with the girls! (Brantley King)
*play outside all the time! (Anne Kettig)
*are dating our daughter! (Scott & Britt NesSmith)
*Learn to do yard work! (Allen King... haha!)
*Learned to dunk! (Chris Lee)
*are excited about kindergarten! (Grandma Byron)
*Can dribble a basketball! (Uncle Zach)
*love sports! (Sarah Lee & Unclie Kelly)
*can count and say your ABC's! (Daddy)
Ben, when you are 15, I hope you.......
*are still a Mama's boy! (Sarah Lee) --> me too!!
*are itching to drive! (Uncle Kelly)
*aren't dating our daughter! (Britt & Scott...haha!)
*pass your learner's permit! ( Grandpa Byron and Chris Lee)
*Respect your elders and your parents! (Zach & iPop)
*have a unique relationship with Jesus Christ! (Daddy)
Ben, when you are 25, I hope you.....
*are in love! - Mom
*are pursuing your dreams! - Aunt Sandra
*find your calling! - Uncle Zach
*aren't still in college! - Chris Lee (might be my fav! haha)
*find real love! - Grandpa Byron
*have met the woman of your dreams (I guess it could be our daughter!) - Britt & Scott
*find someone as sweet as Julia! - iPop (awwwww-- I love my daddy!!!)
*have found your true love! - Sarah Lee
*Get a job! - Allen
*have found true love and are planning marriage soon! - Grandma Byron
Alphie made his appearance at the party! :)
I made Ben's outfit for his birthday! It turned out pretty cute!
Ben got SO many gifts! Oh my goodness is this little boy spoiled!!
![]() |
| is that not the cutest freaking thing ever!! |
After the over abundant amount of gifts we opened and sweet cards (that we read later!) we went to the porch for CAKE! Now, I was kind of weary that Ben wouldn't really be in the cake that much... and well, we were right. haha. He just kind of poked at it, like "what is this?" When we made him taste it he REALLY liked it... but there was no messy clean up as he just had a bit of icing on his cheek! haha
What Ben really loved was running around in the rain after the cake!
and he REALLY loved all of the balloons!
It was such a wonderful party and we couldn't ask for better friends or family.... thank you to everyone who made Ben's first birthday so special. He is such an angel in our lives and we are so lucky God blessed our lives with him one year ago! We have learned SO much this past year and wouldn't trade a single moment. Because each moment taught us something new and made our love for Ben grow. There is no way to explain the love in my heart for this little crazy kid.
One down :) bring on the toddler years!











































Oh goodness... Ben is one loved and blessed little boy! What a great great great day!!!! Happy Birthday little Ben!
ReplyDeleteI have been waiting for this post!! I am SO glad his party went well and you held up =) Ben is a blessed little boy, loved my so many!!!
ReplyDelete