Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. I John 4:7-8


 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 16, 2011

sweet summertime

So even though I am managing to post weekly... I still am almost a month behind on recent news and events.  This post will hopefully get us up to date.  I am going to travel back to May for a minute, so hold on tight :)

Matt and I went to Nashville at the end of May to celebrate our anniversary a little more... and to go to see Jimmy Buffett - in concert!! I loooove Buffett, hence the name of the greatest dog on earth....  Matt and I had so.much.fun!  We were kinda prepared for a cheese-fest... knowing that Buffett's style is pretty cheesy all in itself.  When we got to our seats... which were awesome floor seats! woohoo....  there were guys in hula skirts doing cartwheels and a guy in a shark head shooting t-shirts out of a big gun.  We kinda looked at eachother like, "really?" But... we put our fins up and bought a few $10 beers and sang out loud to every single song the whole concert.  We had a blast!  I can mark seeing Buffett live in concert off my bucket list now :)  Next on the list... Beauty and the Beast on Broadway!  That might take a little more convincing for the hubs!  Ben got loved on by his Winnie and Pops while we enjoyed the night out.  It was a great visit all in all. Ben got like 100 new toys, so he racked up pretty well.  I tried to tell my mom to save SOMETHING for his birthday (which is in like ONE month, I am kind of freaking out) but does she ever listen to me? No. Nothing new :)

The next weekend we hung out in Bham.  We went to the Magic City Brewfest - which was a lot of fun.  We took Ben so I went in as DD and let Matt sample all of the beers he wanted.  It wasn't toooo sweltering hot outside, so we survived.

Ben's first popsicle!

mmmmm, yumm!


During the month of June I am taking a sewing class!  It's something that I have been wanting to do forever, and especially now with little Benjamin, I really want to be able to make him cute outfits and just be a handy little wifey, too!  My first outfit is still in pieces, but next week the sewing really gets going and I should be almost done by the end of the night! Can't wait to show you all my handywork!

Our bffs and Ben's godparents, Jamie and Courtney, came down this past weekend for a visit and so Jamie could run/swim/bike his first ever mini-triathalon. Yes, you heard me right - triathalon! He is a maniac!  We woke up early Saturday morning (after celebrating our friend Chris's bday with Pizza and Beer at Dave's the night before!) and headed to Oak Mountain Park for the race. The weather was great and Jamie did sooo good! Ben was there cheering him on and Matt and I are contemplating doing it next year... maybe? We'll see :)  We just have to find the time to train... hmmm....

Jamie - pre race!




Ben LOVED watching the swimmers! He might be the next US olympian!


Jamie's bike mount impressed the crowd - ow ow


mmm eating rocks...




nothing but trouble, this guy :)
Let's see... what else... oh, yeah!  I started my new job on June 1st!  I got promotion a few weeks ago and my official start date was 6/1.  This promotion meant lots of great things for me.... AVP title, pay raise (woohoo) and most importantly... A new challenge with new roles and responsibilities and so much more! I had been underwriting for almost 3.5 years and this promotion was the perfect oppotunity for me to stay within the bank using my experience to do something new! I am involved in a lot of projects and have my hand in a little bit of everything from managing teams to representing my line of business to going to lots and lots of meetings :) I won't really try and explain what I do because you won't understand and it might put you to sleep! Just know that the Byron house is a happy one!

Matt and I have been in Birmingham a lot lately and that has meant getting to go to our church several Sundays in a row! We love traveling, but a negative of being gone so much is that we miss our church.  We love MBCC and lately every service has been phenomenal!  God is blessing our family in so, so many ways.  We just can't praise him enough!

Good-ness.  That is a LOT of typing :)  I think that catches us up though.... Here we are and it is mid June. How did that happen, I won't even try and figure it out.  Life just flies by....My company puts quotes in our elevators and changes them periodically... it's actually kind of awesome and I love seeing the new ones.  I saw one today that is just so good....

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."

— Mae West

So true, Mae. So true :)

Ben is growing a little more each day... Regardless of my prayers to keep him little, God keeps him growing :(  He did get his first tooth this past week! It still is like half way out and half way in, but its there and its so darn cute!  He has another one coming in up top, so teething has officially started! Pray for us! So far he has been such a champ and really hasn't been much fussier.  I have a feeling now that i have written/typed this, its going to all change :) Excuse me sec while I go knock on wood!

Nothing but trouble... he poured out all of the paper clips and then spread them out all over the floor.  As you can see, I photographed the whole thing instead of stopping him :) haha.

helping vaccum!

lovin' juice!


practicing drinking from a cup!

here he comes! with his doggy slippers on!

we are horrible parents. he kept slipping in them but we just couldn't resist... so flipping cute!



no one can make ben giggle like his Dad!

tooth inspection!

hanging out with uncle jamie.  i have a feeling many more pictures like this will be taken throughout ben's life :)

ben express! choo choo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors