The only perk to the storms is that Ben and I got some play time this afternoon :) I just put him down for a little afternoon nap and thought before Matt gets home and our power goes out, I could try and post a little update of our past few weeks!
Two weekends ago Matt and I took Ben to his first ever Easter Egg Hunt at a local church! It was gorgeous weather and Ben seemed to enjoy all of the people and activity. He has definitely developed a little personality and it is SO flipping cute to watch him interact with other babies and even adults :) He literally keeps getting cuter and cuter even though I didn't think that was possible!
Cutest Easter Bunny on Earth!
Stopping after finding 1 egg - haha!
Mr. Personality :)
That night we went to cheer on the Chattanooga Lookouts at a Birmingham Barons game. Ben's first ball game! He actually really did love it. Again, he loved the people watching and all of the action. He was mesmerized by the 8 year old boys behind us. It was so much fun!
Luuuhve him.
| I mean, it doesn't get much cuter than this. Watch out ladies, 18 more years and hearts are gonna be breaking :) |
For Easter weekend Matt unfortunately had to work Saturday and part of the day Sunday. He only works one weekend a month (and gets 2 days off during the week to make up for it) but it seems like they come too quickly! My mom came in town and we spent Saturday making Ben his first easter feast! After a bad experience with EXPIRED baby food I have decided no more Gerber for this baby... he is getting homemade dishes from here on out. Our pediatrician told us that canned baby food isn't really the greatest thing for babies in reality because its mostly water...so, when my Mom was here we busted out the Bullett and whipped up some delicious dishes! We also went to a yummy brunch at Silvertron's Cafe and church at St. Francis. We only took about 248 pictures (no exaggeration!) of Ben Easter weekend, so here is a quick preview!
| Happy Easter Ben!! |
Ben turned 9 months old on Easter Sunday! How neat is that... Having Ben in our lives makes the sacrafice of our Father, giving up his only Son to save us all from sin, so, so, so much greater. Easter is such a special, special Chrisitan holiday - Matt and I really hope to instill the true meaning of Easter in Ben's heart as early as possible. Matt is more extreme than me... he thinks we don't even need to pretend there is an Easter Bunny and not do baskets and all that jazz. I can't go that far - but I do think that we are going to want to focus more on the Resurrection than jelly beans :)
God Bless!! Hope we survive these storms!

No comments:
Post a Comment