Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. I John 4:7-8


 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 5, 2010

an update through the first 22 days of july :)

Well... quite a bit has happened since my last post :)  As I am sure you are aware!  I am going to back track real quick and touch on the first part of July...

Matt and I traveled to Soddy Daisy, TN for the 4th of July weekend.  My family has been going to this huge get to gether for as long as I can remember and I look forward to it each and every year.  My parents have stayed extremely close with their college friends (most of whom live in Chattanooga) and get together several times a year.  The 4th might be the biggest and best get together of the year!  Matt has come to love this party as much as me!  The Myers open their lovely lakehouse home to everyone and the weekend is full of good food, good friends and LOTS of lake time!


This year the bunch threw Matt and I a Baby Shower! It was so, so much fun and the "lake" theme was perfect!  The cutest cake EVER and lots and lots of precious outfits made this shower WONDERFUL!!
obsessed with this cake!

So many cute outfits :)
Big Brother Buff

A fun tradition that I will not even try to explain (you kinda just have to be there!) that occurs at the end of the 4th weekend is the crowning of the Cucumber King and Queen... my mom and dad have won previously, however, THIS year my brother and I won!  Brian was a hands down winner with his red white and blue mohawk.  I won much in part because I was pregnant (and therefore sober) and put up with the antics of my husband and family! 
2010 Cucumber King and Queen


On July 17th my WONDERFUL and AMAZING friends threw me a picture perfect baby shower in Chattanooga.  It was so much fun seeing everyone and the shower was just in time :)  The party was at one of Matt's best friends from high school's house, Rachael Lynskey, who happens to be med school friends with one of my best friends Christen Vavalides (soon to be Fleming!).  Other hostesses were Kelsey Taylor, Chelsea Stringer, Jessica Connell and Meagan Lanier.  The shower stocked us up on cute outfits for sweet baby Ben, diapers, and so much more. Many of Matt's mom's friends came, too. It was such a wonderful day!
diaper cake made by kelsey!
so so many cute gifts!!!
matt tasting baby food :) haha
the lovely hostesses! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I need to get you all of these pictures...can I bribe you? If you come for the wedding, I promise I will have them all printed off for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors