Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. I John 4:7-8


 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 23, 2010

benjamin luke

The name has been decided!!  Our little baby boy will be named Benjamin Luke Byron.  His middle name "Luke" is after my father, which means he is now responsible for little Baby Ben's college education expenses, right?  I'll keep my fingers crossed. Haha.  We love the name and the monogramming has already begun - yay!

This past weekend Matt and I went to Nashville to visit my parents and to thoroughly be spoiled rotten!  We had a homemade New Orleans style breakfast a la Gwen to start of Saturday morning - so, so yummy!! Afterwards my mom and I hit Green Hills and did some major baby shopping.  I think we planned out Baby Ben's nursery - yay! Now we just need to clean out his room and make way for all the new baby things!  Meanwhile Matt and my Dad took Buffett for a 5 mile hike to enjoy the beautiful weather.  We met up to pick out a crib and have lunch and do a little more baby shopping.  For dinner we went to a new place called Wild Ginger - so good!  It's one of my parents new favorite places.  Sunday's highlight started with brunch at The Loveless Cafe - Matt had never been.  The famous lady that made all of the biscuits had passed away just a few weeks before but everything tasted just delicious.  We ate a LOT and had the BEST time.  My mom and I went through my brother's baby clothes that my Nana made, too.  It was so fun and I am so excited that little baby Ben will get to have some heirlooms.

Our sweet friend Sarah Meadows had a cross made for Baby Ben's room in "his colors" - blue and green (boy, duh!).  It is such a sweet present and its going to look so great in his room... once we get things organized and put together!

We had our 24 week appointment this week - all is good!  It was a quick appointment, much less eventful than the last visit, but hearing the little heart beat every month is such a treat!  The bump is in full force now :) My parents took pictures this past weekend and are supposed to be sending them to me soon.  As soon as I get them I will post - promise!!  Mark my word - bump pictures coming soon!  Since there are no bump pictures... below is the ultrasound picture from our 20 wk visit.  Look at that precious little boy!!! We can't wait to meet him :)


Matt is enjoying his "spring break" and will continue to do so until June pretty much.  His class schedule for the next month is lite enough to make any working girl or boy very, very jealous!  I think next week he has Monday and Friday off, 2 hours of class on Tues and Thurs, and a meeting on Wednesday.... no fair!  Actually, I am loving it!  He comes and eats lunch with me every day and gets ALL of the chores done around the house! I love my househusband :)

As April ends, Matt and I are getting REALLY excited about May!  Mostly because of our big One Year Anniversary trip to Colorado! Wahoo! It's going to be so, so amazing.  Just one more month... we can barely wait.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for Baby Ben to get here to his new monogrammed stuff! Yay for Baby Ben :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors